Week Nine

WEEK NINE

Well would you look at that, it's almost March, and that means 17 days till St. Patty's Day! This week was refreshing. I didn't receive many rejections, and I finally set up my research connection with MSU! Now, I know you're on the edge of your seat waiting to see if we got anymore K-12 schools to join, or heck, any more Okemos responses...unfortunately those are both negative, but that's where MSU will pick up the pieces. 

To start the week, I began by entering more of my East Lansing data, which if you haven't picked up on already, is a grind. Then I seemingly closed some ties when I sent out my first batch of "One Month Later" emails, along with a couple "Two Week Later" emails. I took from the overwhelming silence from Superintendents that it was time to move on to universities. In class, Mr. Rasmus and I brainstormed who I should contact to begin the research process with MSU and I quickly recalled that Mrs. Parkin was a science professor there so I reached out to her pronto. Prior to sending her the proposal email I edited my Research Information Packet, Sample Teacher Email, and added an "Area of Study" question to my survey to further categorize my results (fingers crossed I actually get those results). Then, it was as if an angel gracefully fell from the sky...Mrs. Parkin said she would single-handedly send out my research survey! Hallelujah! So, I sent her the survey link and that was that. I am anticipating seeing responses roll in sometime next week but I ultimately gave her until Spring Break to send it out (wow, that sounds demanding-I swear it wasn't). 

The last thing I did this week was send my survey to Haslett K-12 schools. If you are a loyal follower of my project you may have noticed that I already sent out my proposal to Haslett. Well, that initial email never sent. Why? Because yours truly cannot spell email addresses correctly. Nevertheless, the new and improved email was sent and I am expecting a positive response from Haslett next week! If not, well, let's just remain positive for now. That's all for this week, I am officially ending this post now. 

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han

The legendary weekly to-do list. 


To participate or not to participate, that is the question...


I'm sure you're tired of the same picture of me and my spreadsheet.
So, here's a picture of the inside of my brain instead. 


Popular posts from this blog

Weeks Three & Four

Week Fourteen

Week Two