Week Ten

WEEK TEN

When the going gets tough, the tough get going! It's been a week of calling out into the abyss and getting no feedback whatsoever, but my research project shall prevail. Here's what I've been doing: Over the course of the week I sent a plethora of emails. I sent to Superintendent Friddle of Webberville to see if he had approved of my research (no response), I sent a follow-up to Superintendent Cook of Haslett to see if he had even received my first proposal email (no response), and I sent a check-in email to Mrs. Parkin to see if we can boost our response count from MSU. As of now, we only have 6 responses from MSU (flashbacks to Okemos are swirling through my head) but I have dubious hope this number will grow because, in total, Mrs. Parkin sent my survey to 63 professors (18 from Biology, 40+ professors in her department, and a few to professors in Physiology)! 

As for the Okemos investigation, my work continues. In class I asked Sophie Casey to probe her mom (a middle school teacher at Okemos) to see if she received my research survey. *GASP* She did not! Now, what does this mean? This means that despite continuously emailing my coordinate from Okemos, my survey, in reality, did not reach all K-12 teachers! Ugh! Here comes my predicament. Am I allowed to send my survey to Mrs. Casey for distribution? This seems to be going behind the backs of Okemos administration, but as spring rolls around, desperate times call for desperate measures. I am going to be asking Mr. Rasmus for advice on this next week. This hint at progress in a K-12 school, however, reminded me that I shouldn't give up on them as a whole. My mom told me this week that she new an administrator at L'Anse Creuse Public Schools, and despite not being the Superintendent, he might be a gateway to rope in another K-12 school. I will begin trying to reach out to him next week because sending proposal emails at the tail end of the week has historically not proven very effective for me. 

In data news, I have finished entering the racial fragility data for East Lansing and will begin calculating my categorical means next week. I am on the edge of my seat in curiosity wondering if the results will adhere to my hypotheses. Later, I will begin entering my MSU data in hopes that in surpasses it's 6 response count before next weekend. Finally, after some anticipatory thinking I am toying with the idea of testing out some statistical hypothesis calculations on my Williamston data next week. This is not a concrete goal of mine for next week, but rather something to begin addressing as I round up my final batches of data down the road. 

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han

The legendary weekly to-do list. 


Wrapping up East Lansing data. What an exemplary showing!


A disturbing image of the lack of Haslett response. Where's that Viking vulnerability?


Victory for MSU! (Not yet, but soon!)

Popular posts from this blog

Weeks Three & Four

Week Fourteen

Week Two