Week Eleven

WEEK ELEVEN

As Buffalo Springfield once said, "there's something happening here, and what it is ain't exactly clear." This was my mantra for the week as I realized that nobody can truly handle my research but me. Well, that's a bit exaggerated, but nonetheless, the frustration is real in Han Land. As I waited patiently for signs of life from Haslett (none of which I received), I got some disheartening news from Webberville...they will not be participating in my research (wow, shocking, I know). After settling down from a moment of pure rage, I forced myself to acknowledge and understand the immense pressure being put on teachers as schools return to in-person learning. Additionally, I came to grips with the fact that Williamston and East Lansing both had great showings which, in itself, is a great accomplishment. Other than that, I waited for MSU to show up with some more responses (considering it was sent to 60+ teachers) and to my dismay, I have seen no more than 6 as of Friday. Yep, sword through my aching heart. So, as Mr. Rasmus and I agreed on Thursday, if no more entries show up by Monday, we will be reaching out beyond Mrs. Parkin. (Mrs. Parkin, if you're out there, I am very appreciative of your help I just am really trying to rope in at least 24 more professors.) Anyways, that is what my week looked like! Simple, yet frustrating-a typical research feeling in recent weeks. As far as getting to brainstorming statistical methods this week, that was a lofty goal considering I was preparing for a debate in AP Language and given the INCREDIBLE offer to participate in Dominator's research project. Once again, my photos for this week are lacking because I have nothing to show but my full spreadsheet, empty email inbox, and desolate survey response list. Instead, here are some images of the gorgeous Williamston sunrise, a portrait of my best friend and fellow researcher Lauren (because she turned the big ol' 17 this week!), and a still image of my other best friend Gwen's heartbreaking pancake. Also, before I go, I'd like to remind all of my loyal followers out there, don't give up on HanTheMan. My research will prevail, and no hands will be raised in despair. Oh, and one last thing! Geez, I almost forgot about this! I emailed Mrs. Sermak from Okemos to probe her about Okemos' peculiar response count and she said that this is a reasonable occurrence, but she is willing to send my survey to teachers at the high school on Monday! Okay, I'm done now, bye!

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han

The legendary weekly to-do list.

Lauren Kersten. A 17 year old.

Gwen's pancake is a representation of all of my research woes-sad, but delicious.


The sun before my morning run...that rhymes!

Popular posts from this blog

Weeks Three & Four

Week Fourteen

Week Two