Weeks Three & Four

WEEKS THREE & FOUR

Well isn't it nice of you to return to my blog! Finals are over and that means it's time for more research. Instead of my normal day-by-day update, this post is going to be a cumulative catch-up to fill you in on what I've been doing over the past two weeks (warning: the content you are about to read mentions minimal research progress-if this is triggering to you in any way, please return next week). 

Alright let's go. January 11th, 2021, was your average pre-finals Monday filled with semester review packets and dread. The same goes for Tuesday, January 12th. However, on January 13th, a research plan was born. I created an ultimate to-do list for the remainder of my data collection process. 

Here's a summary: 

1) To begin, I am going to create a list of schools that fall within my four school categories (small & non-diverse, large & non-diverse, small & diverse, large & diverse).  

2) Next, I will write a standardized informational email (in regards to myself, WHS, and the project) for other school administrators with my attached survey-a duplicate of the Williamston Google Form.  

3) After that I will edit and expand my spreadsheet by creating new tabs for data from other schools.  

4) Lastly, I will send out my emails. I will start with sending it to the East Lansing School District, then to other K-12 districts, universities, and potentially internationally (more on that next week). 

January 14th and 15th were gloomy days of negligible research progress due to finals preparation. 

・ ・ ・

OH SNAP! Finals week has arrived! As you might have already guessed, the infamous week of January 19th-January 21st (no school on Monday or Friday) was spent studying, whining, and eventually testing, but there was one highlight...THE BIDEN & HARRIS INAUGURATION! Wait, I take that back, there were TWO highlights! On Friday morning, after giving incoming freshmen a tour of the high school (with PALS) I had a Google Meet with Mr. Rasmus to discuss what's on the horizon for my project. He is on board with my aforementioned game plan, so bring on Week 5 and beyond! 

In the end, while the past two weeks may have suffered an ungodly amount of distraction from research, they ultimately were a triumph for democracy. May next week bring copious amounts of research progression. 

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han 


The legendary weekly to-do list. 



Research in the wild. 



Doug, Kamala, Jill, and Joe.



A post-finals victory cake for the masses. 

Popular posts from this blog

Week Fifteen

Week Fourteen