Week Six

WEEK SIX

What a whirlwind of a week (and weekend!). This introduction to February was filled with emails, birthday celebrations, and a painful amount of anticipation. Let's start from the top. On Monday morning my 16 research proposal emails were sent out into the great beyond to Superintendents all across Michigan. Surprisingly, one school emailed back very promptly- Okemos! The Superintendent's Assistant, Stacey Bailey, responded back with her personal interest, but said my proposal had to go through a formal approval process. Luckily for me, the paperwork I needed to fill out had an uncanny resemblance to our Williamston IRB forms. Then, on Wednesday, my research was approved! According to Ms. Bailey, my research would be sent to individual principals by Friday and from there, it's up to them to follow through with my project. Fingers triple crossed I see that response count rise above 0 next week! 

By this time it was Wednesday, and that means my sister Chloe's 15th birthday! Hip hip hooray! I spent the morning praising and congratulating her against my will (just kidding), and then it was off to research! Not gonna lie, it was hard to see 15 neglected emails in my inbox, so I sat right down at my desk and followed up with each one of the 15 Superintendents that ghosted me this week in hope that they actually respond to me next week! In the meantime, Mr. Rasmus and I decided that I should channel my anticipatory energy into sending MORE, MORE, AND MORE emails. So, I took a plunge into the interweb and began making a list of every Superintendent email in Michigan. This was more time consuming than I anticipated, but I persisted in organizing and narrowing down an intimidating list of EVERY Michigan School. Next week I plan on firing off 20 emails-GAZINGA! Lastly, I began drafting an email to a friend of my mom's who serves as the Director of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression at a First Universalist Church. I have not sent the email yet because I am still in the data-collecting phase of my research, but eventually, I will be seeking her guidance on how to qualitatively analyze my data from a different social perspective than mine, in addition to my own quantitative analysis methods. 

In the end, this week was mighty productive and I can't wait to get going again next week! Woo!

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han


The legendary weekly to-do list.


Stacey and I chatting up a storm. 


Research proposals know no bounds. 


Look at all these schools! Way to be educated Michigan!

Popular posts from this blog

Weeks Three & Four

Week Fifteen

Week Fourteen