Week Two

WEEK TWO

Monday, January 4 2021:

Yeehaw partners! We are back on the research horse galloping towards a week of productivity! Today the schedule consisted of 1st-3rd hour so research was not my main priority (as disheartening as that may be). However, after school I did read through the initial draft of my email to teachers that I had written before break-it definitely needed some work, but nothing a night of sleep and hardy breakfast couldn't fix.   

Tuesday, January 5 2021:

As you probably know, life is not always predictable. In my case, while I intended to grind out my email and have it sent to teachers by Wednesday morning, that just wasn't going to happen. My morning to-do list overflowed with finals preparation and mind-bending chemistry worksheets, and because of that, I couldn't conquer the trek to the top of Mt. Homework. I know how disappointed you must feel as a reader, but don't lose hope! Keep reading!  

Wednesday, January 6 2021:

Good morning! As previously mentioned, today I was laser focused on my informational email to teachers. After a bowl of Cinnamon LIFE it was off to the races. I started by making a Consent Form (through Google Form), but after some back-and-forth with Mr. Rasmus, we decided that, to make participation simpler for teachers, it would be best to just throw the Consent Form right into the survey. Then, upon touching-up and finalizing the email, I officially scheduled the email to send at 7:00 am. The 12 hours from 7:00pm-7:00am were filled to the brim with anticipation.

Thursday, January 7 2021:

*drumroll* Ladies, Gentlemen, and everybody in between...gather round....for the day has come...mark the time, at 7:00 am on January 7th 2021, the inboxes of teachers at Williamston Community Schools were finally blessed by the arrival of my survey! That's right, I was gladly awoken to the beautiful pinging of my cellular telephone's email alert system-teachers were taking my survey left and right! By the end of the school day we were up 28 responses! Just 2 responses away from what I was hoping to get in total! As the last few survey stragglers trickled in, I began entering my data into my hand-crafted spreadsheet. The process was admittedly monotonous, but went by fairly quickly with my integrated formulas. Overall, a victorious and insightful day of research. 

Friday, January 8 2021:

With 33 responses in the book for Williamston Community Schools, I decided it was time to ask some bigger questions and dream some bigger dreams. By that I mean I am going to expand my project and blaze my research trail all throughout Michigan (or at least to one school beyond Williamston). The idea sprung up during class on Thursday with Mr. Rasmus, but I only caught sight of this idea's potential on Friday night. For this reason, not much deep thought was put into exactly how I could pull off expanding my research to other schools, but I am looking into communicating with the Principals of the Lansing School District as a starting point! With that cliffhanger, I am ending this blog post. 

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han 



The legendary weekly to-do list. 



Yay Hornets! Way to be vulnerable!



Oh snap! The email is primed and ready to go!



The research grind doesn't stop for domestic terrorism! 



Here is a POV of me feverishly entering data. 

Popular posts from this blog

Weeks Three & Four

Week Fourteen