Week One

WEEK ONE

Monday, December 14 2020:

Wow! Welcome to the beginning of my MSA Research blog! After weeks of listening to you scream at your computer in excitement and anticipation for this post, I have finally created it. It's Monday, and today I put the metaphorical cherry on top of my research proposal. After I turned that in, I made some last-minute revisions to my IRB forms and shipped them to Dr. Delp. I now have officially opened the gate to starting my research, and that is a glorious feeling. 

Tuesday, December 15 2020:

Back again on the ol' blog, and today I used my time to wrap my mind around all of the steps I have to take to launch into this research project. The first step was to email Dr. Spina about my research and get it approved by him because he is the almighty Superintendent. Low and behold, he supported my project! Tomorrow the real grind begins.

Wednesday, December 16 2020:

Fasten your seatbelts, because today we absolutely annihilated the to-do list. Feeling motivated by the support of Dr. Delp, Dr. Spina, and Mr. Rasmus, I jumped right into my Google Form survey. I wrote that the survey would be between 25-35 questions on my IRB form, and it turned out to be 28-right on target! With the survey finalized, I moved onto making my data spreadsheet, and this took a hearty chunk of the night to complete, but it is complete. The first sheet is a compilation of data from the second and third sheets. The second sheet contains the raw White Fragility score averages and their total averages sorted by gender and years of experience. The third sheet is similar but with the Teaching Self-Efficacy data. I also decided to be wild and write out the information sheet that I will send to teachers in the initial contact email after the solstice break. Oh, and one last thing, I made a contact list of all WCS teachers. Overall, a triumphant day of research preparation. 

Thursday, December 17 2020:

It's Thursday, and I am on top of everything-a rare feeling during online school. Since I completed so much research preparation yesterday, there is practically nothing else to do before the solstice break. I took this time today to taste test all the peppermint desserts offered at Trader Joe's. The winner: peppermint pretzels. 

Friday, December 18 2020:

We made it. You made it through this post, and I made it through 16 weeks of school! Today I am fresh out of things to do, so bring on solstice break! 

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han 


The legendary weekly to-do list.



Here I am with my magnificent spreadsheet. 


This is me working hard on research.
The grind doesn't stop for snow.



I approve of my survey! Yahoo!



Popular posts from this blog

Weeks Three & Four

Week Fourteen

Week Two