Week Thirteen

WEEK THIRTEEN

Hey! You're back again to read the best blog of your entire life! Yahoo for you! I am very pleased to inform you that my week was pretty steady. Here's what went down. So to start off the week, I hopped right back onto the MSU train as it pulled into the station. This time, the train's name was Mr. Flennaugh. He is a professor at MSU and, astonishingly, very excited by my research project (his own words!). I emailed him initially at the start of the week just to get a feel for who this man was and he responded within 24 hours expressing his interest for the project and also how he wanted to set up a Zoom meeting to further expand our communication. Now my heart is really racing. I email him back with my availability for next week and....he doesn't respond. Have no fear though, he was probably just busy and I'm sure we will work in a meeting next week somehow. 

Alright, moving along. This week was also time for me to send out some more K-12 proposal emails, just like the good old days. In total, I sent 8 emails and they were to: Clarkston, Clawson, Coldwater, Dearborn, Corunna, Delton-Kellogg, Constantine, and Eaton Rapids. As of the end of this week I have only heard back from Eaton Rapids, and as expected, they were not willing to add this extra burden onto teachers as they return back to in-person learning-understandable. 

Finally, the last step I took in my project this week was unloading LOTS of data into my spreadsheet. I had some straggling East Lansing "teacher efficacy" data I had to put in, and then I started entering the Okemos data too. I spent about 2 hours in sum this week feverishly entering this data. Was it worth it? Absolutely. 

Oh, and before I go I think I gotta just slip in a shout-out to Emma this week for allowing Lauren, Sophie, and me to execute a part of her research project! On Friday, with Emma on FaceTime, we were graced with the task of making dirt and planting 12 of Emma's corn seed and I can assure you, it was most certainly an hour well spent. That's all for now! See you next week as I face off Rasmus' most grueling Precalculus test(s). 

Thanks for tuning in!

Stay groovy,

Han 

The legendary weekly to-do list. 


My spreadsheet, my love.


My main man Terry.


Nothing fills my bucket more than a full inbox.


Me? In a lab coat? Dreams really do come true.

Popular posts from this blog

Weeks Three & Four

Week Fourteen

Week Two